Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Glen Canyon

For now a small description will do. The first picture is not Glen Canyon, it's a view of north and east of the Grand Canyon. The last (poorly stitched) picture is of the Carl-Hayden dam in Glen Canyon. The lake is at record lows since the 1940's (I think, so don't quote me on that).

A small note about the tree. As I stooped and clicked away, a tourist (the big fat ones you see in movies) walks by and says "it's only a tree". With indignation I kept snapping away, but that made me wonder how many things I pass every day and think, "it's only a tree". However, browsing the pictures on this site (Photoblog), I'm glad to see that there are many of you that don't pass by everyday things and think it's only a tree.

Northern and eastern view of the Grand Canyon.
Neat looking tree.
Even in harsh environments, beauty abounds.
Carl-Hayden dam and Lake Powell.

Carl-Hayden dam & Lake Powell36.936485,-111.486763

No comments: