Saturday, April 05, 2008

Lenin in Seattle

A few months ago I was in the Freemont area of Seattle for the Red Bull Soap Box derby. After the derby and walking around the neighborhood, I was surprised to see this tall statue of Lenin right smack in the middle of a US city. I took a picture and forgot about it. So as Martha and I walked around Freemont today, I shot another picture. If you are wondering why and how this sculpture made it's way to Seattle, you can find out more about it in Wikipedia.

Lenin in Seattle47.651381,-122.350979

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In Khazakhstan, there are many many many statues of Lenin and art from the soviet era. Not that the people miss it, (some do) but they don't have the money/will to take them down. There was an entire museum devoted to Lenin in Almaty, the capital, there. It's now called the "History Museum".

ps---My dad is a Luis Velazco!