Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Quick update and pictures

These past few days have been great. I apologize for not posting everyday what Tim and I are up to and there are two reasons for that. First, at the hotels they charge to use the internet and it is expensive. (AU $10/hour). Second, by the end of the day, we are so tired that I don't really feel like writing.

So here is a brief update. I'll try to upload a few more post later this week, but I don't promise anything.

We left Sydney on Friday and flew up to Cairns with Aunt Pat and Uncle John. They were kind enough to give us some beds and food. We did a lot of siteseeing, mainly the beech, the rain forest and the Great Barrier Reef. Today (Wednesday) in the morning we left them and flew to Melbourne. We didn't do much today, but we plan to see the city tomorrow, drive down to see the 12 Apostles (now 10) and then a few more parks around the city.

We fly back to the US on the 28 and arrive 10 minutes before we left. Time travel is awesome. I bet jetlag won't be that great though. I fly to Mexico for a week with my parents and Roberto, then fly back to Nashville.

In order to make up for not posting anything, I've uploaded all the pictures to my new web site (http://www.luisvelazco.com/pics. All the pictures are unedited and unnamed, so you will have to wait for details. You will also find some duplicates.

As you will see, Australia is a beautiful country and you should visit it some time if you can.

No comments: