Saturday, November 11, 2006

Discovery Park

Today in the afternoon I went to Discovery Park, located north west of Seattle. It is the largest public park in Seattle and is located in the former location of Fort Lawton. I specifically wanted to visit the light house at the very tip of the park. I was fortunate that it decided to stop raining today, as it has been raining all week long. Well, that is, it stopped raining for most of the day. On my way out, I was caught by a heavy down poor. Fortunately, I was already in my car on the way back home.

On my way there, I could see the Olympic Mountains covered in snow. It was a great view I was hoping to take a picture of. But, once I was at the beach with a clear view, the clouds beat me and the mountains were completely covered. Nonetheless, I still had a great view of the Puget Sound. A strong wind was blowing from the south west, causing several big waves. I was also hoping to get a nice view of Seattle but it was hidden behind some cliffs.

I took several pictures and you can see the other pictures on my Picasa Web Albums page. You can also see the light house using Live Maps.

No comments: