Monday, January 01, 2007

Going Home

Sadly, I returned to Seattle today. I like Seattle, but I wish I could have been in Mexico a bit longer. Anyway, today was a very long day. United was nice enough to cancel my very early flight and make me wait in line for an hour and a half before they could rebook me. I ended up taking three different flights and three different airlines.

My initial anger disappeared as soon as I realized they had booked me in first class from L.A. to Portland. I've never been in first class before and wow, the seats and service are so much better. However, after arriving in Seattle in this small plane, they decided my trip hadn't been messed up enough and they lost my luggage!

Anyway, this is the small plane that I took from Portland to Seattle. I've never been on a prop plane before. I sat right behind the propeller and got to see how it starts up. Maybe I'm easily amused, but I thought it was neat. The only problem is the noise! They are so much noisier than jet planes. You nearly had to shout to get the flight attendant to hear you.

No comments: