Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Snow After Work

I love snow. I suppose I love it because I don't really have to deal with the hassles it creates. I've always lived close to work or school and I am able to walk when it snows. Also, I've never lived in places where it snows frequently.

It's pretty rare for Seattle to get snow. Usually, it's just a long rainy winter, so a change in the monotony is welcome. It was actually supposed to snow last night but only in the northern areas of Seattle. Instead, it decided to defy the weatherman's prediction and snow in the southern areas. So when I woke up today and didn't see it all white, I was disappointed. But thankfully my disappointment was gone when I walked home as it snowed.

Today's walk home was a bit different, even somewhat weird. Normally, you can hear all the hustle and bustle of the traffic; the honking, the motors, etc. But today, a silence fell over all the traffic. There seemed to be more traffic than normal, but it was so quiet you could hear the snow fall on the ground. Near the cars you could hear the fresh snow crunching under the tires.

When I got back home, I looked like the abominable snow man because I was covered in snow. I took my camera and tripod and took a few pictures. This one picture below is from behind my apartment next to a small lake in my apartment complex.

2 comments:

JMH said...

God I love street lights at night. These are beautiful pictures.

Pável said...

Beutiful pics!!!

Everytime I can I visit your blog! Almost in a daily basis!

Take care amigo!

Saludetes saludativos.